talk about capabilty


the expression is used to ask and inform about someone capability to do something

NO
EXAMPLES
EXPLANATION
1.
I can swim very well
Can expresses capability in the present.
2.
I can’t either speak Japanese or Chinese
Can’t is the negative form of Can. It may be written can’t or cannot.
3.
The car could speed up to 200 km/hour before it was broken.
Could expresses ability in the past.
Could is the past form of Can.
4.
I couldn’t ride motorbike when I was a child.
Couldn’t is the negative form of could.
5.
I am able to operate Microsoft Power Point quite well.
Be able to is another term expresses capability in the present.
Be: am, is, are, have been, has been
6.
I was able to run 12 kilometers before I got twisted ankle.
Be able to is also used in the past.
Be: was, were
7.
Mary will be able to take a make up exam.
Be able to is also used in future.
Be: will
8.
Mr. and Mrs. Miller were unable to find an inexpensive apartment.
Be unable to is the negative form of be able to.


Interviewer      : I wonder if you can operate Microsoft Windows.
Interviewee     : Yes, Ma’am. I can operate Word, Excel, and Power Point as well.
   Besides, I’m able to  take short hands.
Interviewer      : Good. Can you speak Japanese or Chinese?
Interviewee     : I’m sorry, Ma’am. I can’t either speak Japanese or Chinese.


Customer : My motorcycle can’t run more than 60
kilometers per hour. It could run to 110
kilometers before. What can you do?
Mechanic : Let us check the engine and find out what
is wrong with it.
Customer : Can you fix it if the problem is major?
Mechanic : We’ll see what we can do and let you
know the result.
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar