Expression of Advice

Suggestions or advices are expressions that used in our daily life to tell someone what  he or she should do.

Example :​

     Nina : your English is good, how should I do to speak english fluently?​

     Joni  : you should practice your English routine. Almost everyday ​


      Nina : Okay thank you, I'll try it now.

based on the conversation above Joni Suggests / advises Nina to practice speaking english continuosly.


ASKING SUGGESTION/ADVICE

  • I have a problem. I need your advice.​
  • What do you suggest?​
  • Do you have any suggestions?​
  • What should I do?​
  • If you were me, what would you do?​
  • What’s your advice?​
  • Please tell me what to do.​
  • What ought I to do?


GIVING SUGGESTION/ADVICE

  • I would like to suggest you that …​
  • It’s better for you to …​
  • My advice is …​
  • My suggestion is …​
  • You should + verb 1​
  • If I were you, I would …​
  • You had better + verb 1​
  • Why don’t you + verb 1 … ?​
  • How about + verb-ing …?​
  • I think you should …​
  • I advise you to …​
  • Try to …​
  • You ought to + verb 1
ACCEPTING SUGGESTION/ADVICE
  • That’s good idea. I will do it.​
  • I’ll try. Thank you.​
  • Sure, I can do it.​
  • Yeah, you’re right.​
  • Why didn’t I think of that?​
  • That’s the best one, I’ll try that.


REFUSING SUGGESTION/ADVICE

I can’t do that.​
I’m afraid I can’t.​
Could you give me another way?​
I think it can’t solve my problem.​
I’m not sure.​
How about other suggestions?​
I don’t think I can.

Example
Ivan      : Thanks for meeting with me during your break time. I appreciate it.

Noni     : It's okay.  What’s going on?

Ivan      : Oh you know, the usual. Should I take this new job? Or should I stay with my current one?

Noni     : Well, I think it’s time for something new, don’t you? you will get better postion.

Ivan      : Do you really think so?

Noni     : I know so. And the position is sit for you. Trust me. Take the job. What do you have to lose?



Rina : What’s wrong with you?

Vino : I have fallen down when Playing football

Rina : You should be more careful when playing football.

Vino : When I want to cross the ball, suddenly the deffender block my foot.

Rina :I hope you will recover fastly

Vino  : Thank you


click here if you want to get the materila

Latest
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar